What's a wearable or E-textile project without LEDs? Our favorite part of the Flora/Lilypad platform is these tiny smart pixels. Designed specifically for wearables, these updated Flora NeoPixels have ultra-cool technology: these ultra-bright LEDs have a constant-current driver cooked right into the LED package! The pixels are chainable - so you only need 1 pin/wire to control as many LEDs as you like. They're easy to sew, and the chainable design means no crossed threads!
This is the second version of the Flora NeoPixels, which runs at at 'high speed' 800KHz communication. Unfortunately they are not back-compatible with the chip-on-back 'low speed' (400KHz) Flora NeoPixels.
These pixels have full 24-bit color ability with PWM taken care of by the controller chip. Since the LED is so bright, you need less current/power to get the effects you want. The driver is constant current so its OK if your battery power changes or fluctuates a little.
- Comes with 4 individually controllable pixels
- Power consumption: 60 mA at max per LED
- Compatible with any micro controller project!
- LED's can be chained very easily
- 800 kHz Speed
- PCB has a circle diameter of 12.5 mm and thickness is 2.5 mm
- 5-9VDC power (can run at 3.5V but color will be dimmed)
- Constant current 18.5mA per LED (~55mA max total per pixel)
Product Tutorial website
Flora RGB Smart Neo Pixel version 2 - Pack of 4 - (NeoPixel)
- Brand: Adafruit
- Product Code: 13030
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 8.88€