A strain gauge is a small sensor whose resistance changes depending on the strain experienced by the structure it is attached to. They are similar to Load Cells, but are useful for applications where the structure has already been built. For example, you could use a strain gauge and a 1046 – PhidgetBridge 4-Input to measure the strain on various segments of the chassis of a robot or vehicle.
For more information on the different types of strain gauges and how to properly install them, have a look at our Strain Gauge Primer.
This strain gauge is designed to be used with steel structures. It can be used with other materials, but using steel will result in the lowest sensitivity to changes in temperature.
This is a full-bridge strain gauge. For more information on bridge circuits, see the Strain Gauge Primer.
- Measures strain in steel structures
- Full-bridge strain configuration
- Stamp of eight solder pads included
- Connects to the 1046 – PhidgetBridge 4-Input
- Sensor Type: Full-bridge Strain Gauge
- Resistance Value: (per quarter-bridge) 1 kΩ
- Backing Material: Phenolic Resin
- Active Area Length: 3 mm
Full-bridge Steel Strain Gauge (Bag of 2)
- Brand: Raspberry
- Product Code: 3146
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 17.50€