The 1142 Light sensor can measure ambient light up to 1000 lux (roughly equivalent to the typical lighting in a studio, or the sky on an overcast day). Each sensor has been individually calibrated, and a label has been applied to the back of the board with a calibration value which can be used in your calculations to increase measurement accuracy.
Some light sensors report drastically different values depending on the type of light being detected. The 1142 light sensor, however, only differs by a factor of 1.2 when measuring fluorescent light versus incandescent. The sensor Connects to any device with an Analog Input, works directly with 5V and 3.3V devices.
- Board comes with a 60 cm sensor cable
- Input Voltage: between 2.4 V and 5.5 V
- Power use Adapter board: 2 mA
- Sensor Output Type: non-ratiometric (output is independent on voltage input)
- Sensor Type: Light
- Response Time Max: 2 ms
- Peak Sensitivity Wavelength: 625 nm
- Light Level Min-Max: 1 lx - 1000 lx
More information to be found in the User Guide
Light Sensor 1000 lux
- Brand: Phidgets
- Product Code: 1142
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 10.70€