Solid State Relays, or SSRs, are devices designed to operate like standard relays but without mechanical motion.
The SSR Board (3053) is safe to use with sensitive control devices like microprocessors, and will not damage a Phidget device or your PC. Optoisolation between the control inputs and outputs of the SSR in the form of a GaAs LED paired with a set of optically-controlled MOSFETs provides protection from output to input. An on-board 47V bidirectional transorb across the relay output protects the board from static electricity and surges from inductive loads.
The 3053 contains 2 relays for switching up to 9 Amps at up to 40 Volts DC, or 28 Volts AC and can be used to control larger loads and devices like AC or DC motors, electromagnets, solenoids, and incandescent light bulbs. A SSR connects to any device with a Digital Output, like many of the PhidgetInterfaceKits or micro controllers.
- Relay Output Type: MOSFET
- Isolation Method: Photoelectric
- Dielectric Strength: 5.3 kV AC
- Control Voltage Min/max: 3 V DC / 30 V DC
- Load Voltage Max (DC): 40 V DC
- Load Voltage Max (AC): 28 V AC
- Load Current Max (AC) (per channel): 9 A
- Load Current Max (DC) (per channel): 9 A
- Turn-on Time Max: 1.9 ms
- Turn-off Time Max: 0.16 ms
- Contact Resistance Max: 50 mΩ
- Switching Speed Max: 300 cps
More information can be found in the User Guide
Dual SSR Relay Board
- Brand: Phidgets
- Product Code: 3053_0
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 29.71€