Thermocouples are widely used to measure extreme temperatures impossible to measure with other types of sensors. Our K-type sensors have temperature intervals of -50 to + 750 °C. This sensor supports all J, K, E and T type of thermocouples. The sensor library returns the measured temperature in °C.
It is possible to interface other thermocouple types by converting the measured potential returned by the Temperature Sensor into Celsius using the appropriate tables; the formula and links to the tables are described in the User Guide.
Very long thermocouples are okay (even 100m), but if there is measurement stability issues or USB resets, ferrite beads can be added to the thermocouple wire close to the Phidget Temperature Sensor. See our tutorial on Addressing EMI Issues. This sensor connects directly to your computer's USB port and comes with a 180 cm Mini-USB cable and a Hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts, 4 plastic spacers).
- Number of Thermocouple Inputs: 1
- Has terminal blocks for stripped thermocouples
- Adapter 3106 (Thermocouple adapter) is handy for thermocouples with Flat Pin connectors
- Temperature Update Rate: 25 samples/s
- Ambient Temperature Error Max: ± 0.5 °C
- Thermocouple Error Max (K-Type): ± 2 °C
- Thermocouple Temperature Resolution: 24.2 μV DC
- Thermocouple Temperature Resolution (K-Type): 0.62 °C
- Board Current Consumption Max: 25 mA
- USB Voltage Min/Max: 4.8 V DC / 5.3 V DC
- Brand: Phidgets
- Product Code: 1051_2B
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: 58.00€